Best Miele Vacuum Cleaners of 2018 & Buying Guide
It’s good that you find yourself asking this question, because getting a new vacuum can impact your life quite a lot! Many folks just go to the store and buy whichever one sounds best, but a lot of the time it’s good to customer order your vacuums off the internet so you know you’re getting a reliable product.
One of the best ways you can ensure that you’ll get a reliable product is to remain faithful to a brand that’s been good to you in the past. One of the brands that won’t disappoint you in terms of quality vacuums is Miele, and we’re here to tell you why they’re a good brand.
New Miele Dynamic U1
New Miele Dynamic U1 Auto Eco Upright Vacuum
What makes Miele special?
There are a lot of things that make Miele a considerably better brand than most.
Take their company slogan, for example: “forever better,” which implies that they’re always working on improving their company and developing better products.
Things that separate Miele from other brands, and the one that they’re most commonly in competition with, include the following:
- The durability of their products. Miele vacuums (and other products that they make) are a little bit higher in price than many of their competitors. Even in models that don’t boast a lot of cool features, you know that if you buy Miele’s version, it’ll last you a lot longer.
- We don’t know what kind of tests they do at Miele, but we’re guessing it’s a pretty fun place to work. At their labs, they have proven that their vacuums can:
- Survive over 1200 miles of consecutive vacuuming on all sorts of different surfaces
- Their hoses can be wound and unwound at least ten thousand times before becoming compromised
- Their vacuums, through a series of presumably violent beatings and crash tests, have a predicted shelf life of 20 years
Those are a couple of the things that set Miele and their entire product line above others. There are some pioneering contributions to the vacuum world that Miele has also developed.
- Miele developed the vortex six-speed motor which runs at 1200 watts and is considered to be the quietest vacuum you can buy. It’s so quiet that it’s commonly used in the hospitality industry, such as in hotels.
- Miele prefers to position the vents on their vacuums toward the top instead of to the side. Side vents blow dust and air around while you’re trying to clean it. Since Miele is always concerned with having healthy filter systems, there’s no worry about nasty air being blown into your face.
- Miele vacuums go far above the American standard for cleanliness and allergen removal. Miele’s vacuum bags remove 99.5% of microns up to 0.1 microns, which is way better than the current American industry standard that only requires 0.3 microns.
So what else does Miele do differently?
On top of being considered one of the leading companies for developing innovative new things for vacuums, they’re still a unique company. Miele likes to do things Miele’s way, so the same level of quality turns through all of their vacuums. Once you’re familiar with a Miele vacuum, others will seem familiar.
- Many Miele vacuums use a sealable bag system. While other brands like Dyson use bagless vacuum cleaners which are very convenient and don’t require a lot of changing, bagless systems are also way more likely to end up spitting old dust and allergens back into the air you’re breathing.
- Miele bags are usually big and can hold pounds of dust and debris in a huge volume so you don’t need to change or empty them often.
What about comparing different types of vacuums?
- One thing that Miele does not do is offer a complete rehash of the stand-up vacuum like their competitor Dyson did. Dyson developed the ergonomic ‘ball vacuum’ that is very easy to move around all types of floors, and some models can even stand themselves back up again if they’re tipped over.
- Miele canister vacuums are made to reach difficult areas. Canister vacuums are great for using on stairs (try balancing a stand-up vacuum on your stairs) and for their ease of movement – carrying a stand-up vacuum upstairs and down again is no fun. Unfortunately, the light weight of a canister vacuum also means that it can’t hold as much suction technology as a stand-up
- Miele canister vacuums are made to get underneath sofas and furniture with ease.
These are Miele’s two most preferred types of vacuums and the most common ones that you’ll see on the market or online.
Many people prefer Miele to other brands because of their attention to filtration. The fact that their filtering systems have been the highest in the industry for many years says that they’re totally dedicated to helping people breathe clean air.
You will pay a few extra bucks for a Miele vacuum and some of their units are almost outrageously expensive. Not all of them are, though, so if you’re interested in a vacuum that cleans smoothly, powerfully, and cleans your air well, get a Miele vacuum
So which Miele vacuums are the best?
We’ve taken a look at a whole bunch of Miele vacuums and compared the specs on them. The units we’ve chosen to list here have a good balance of power, convenience, features, all within a reasonable budget.
We’ve tried to find at least one vacuum for people in different categories of budget, but at the end of the article we’re going to conclude which one is the overall best.
Best Miele Vacuum Cleaners Reviews
1. New Miele Dynamic U1 Cat and Dog Upright Vacuum Review
This is a good example of a vacuum that can do much more than what it’s advertised as. Just because it’s great for cleaning pet hair doesn’t mean that it’s not good for all around use, and in fact this vacuum is one of the best all-purpose ones you can buy. It just happens to also be good at cleaning up pet hair.
It’s an easy vacuum to move around as it uses swivel steering which makes it a pleasure, especially when moving on carpet. It’s not just good at cleaning carpets, though, and it works fine on a wide variety of different surfaces because it’s got different levels of suction that you can adjust with a simple knob.
The filter is designed perfectly and attached snugly, meaning no allergens, dust, or pet odors will escape through the vacuum unscathed.
This unit also has a miniature TurboBrush attachment which is advertised as being a godsend for cleaning pet hair – which it is – but it’s also fantastic for general use on your furniture.
2. Miele Complete C3 Marin Canister Vacuum Cleaner – Corded Review
Miele did another good job with this vacuum. It’s easy to move and compatible with many different types of flooring. This is in part because of the ease with which you can adjust suction power – all you have to do is push a switch with your foot to change between one of six different suction speeds.
If you don’t want to deal with manually adjusting your suction speed, there’s a setting that allows you to vacuum while the suction power automatically adjusts itself. This is great when frequently changing adjustment levels.
The Parquet Steering system is great for people who have hardwood floors since it minimizes the chance of scratches, but it’s also good for use on other types of floors.
This vacuum comes with a wide assortment of integrated accessories which allow you to expand the range of cleaning ability. With These tools you can clean in tight crevices or clean dirt off of sensitive furniture without risking damage from the machine’s powerful suction.
This machine is great for people who live in a two-storey home because canister vacuums are easy to move.
3. Miele 41HAE032USA Dynamic U1 Maverick Obsidian Black Review
For a standup vacuum, this is one of Miele’s cheaper models, though its price is still high compared to other brands. It uses the AirClean HEPA filtration system to ensure allergens and small dust particles stay out of your breathing air.
It’s got an automatic height adjustment system so you don’t suck your carpet off the floor. This is also useful for cleaning hardwood floors because that requires high suction and close contact. This is paired with the swivel-steering system which makes it easy to move with your hands alone instead of having to crank your whole body into the movement.
In terms of suction, you have a control unit that allows you to easily adjust the suction between a number of settings. This, paired with the automatic height adjustment, makes it great for cleaning all sorts of different areas.
The unit has a pretty long cord coming in at just under 40 feet, which is 10 feet longer than what we usually consider to be a good-length cord. This makes it great because you won’t have to run around searching for outlets all the time and will be able to clean most rooms without switching.
4.New Miele Dynamic U1 Auto Eco Upright Vacuum, Obsidian Black Review
This is quite similar to the previous model except for the fact that it’s the Auto-Eco version. There are different features as well.
Much like the previous model, this version has swivel-steering for ease of movement. This also allows you to access difficult areas you wouldn’t otherwise reach with a standup vacuum.
It comes with LED headlights so you can see the floor in front of the vacuum, allowing you to be sure whether or not you’ve sucked up all the dirt.
Both the motor and the electro-brush unit that cleans up behind you have automatic adjustment settings which allow them to cater to the situation you’re in. This saves you time and frustration if you live in a house with many types of floors. However, you can still choose to manually adjust if you’d like.
It comes with three main attachments – a dusting brush, a crevice tool, and an upholstery tool – which allow you to access different methods of cleaning than you would be able to otherwise. This unit is a bit more expensive than the prior unit but more durable.
So which one’s the best?
The first entry – Miele’s Dynamic Cat and Dog vacuum – is the best for sheer function. While it may be the most expensive it boasts pretty much every feature from all the different vacuums on this list. It’s very reliable and can suck up even the tiniest bits of dirt and dust before passing it through an extremely reliable HEPA filter.
If you want a good example of Miele’s product lineup then this vacuum is probably the best way to do it.